Utility Billing Department
The City of Norwalk owns and operates the municipal water system and the wastewater treatment facilities. City residents and businesses are billed monthly for water and sewer services through the Utility Billing Office at Norwalk City Hall.
Water and sewer usage is billed in 100 gallon increments
• Property owners can apply for water service at the Utility Billing Office in City Hall or by calling 419-663-6740.
• 24 hour notification is required for changes in water service.
• Utility bills are due on or about the 19th of each month.
• If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% penalty and/or disconnect will be assessed.
• A $50 turn-on fee and payment of any past due amounts are required by 3:30 pm for service to be reconnected the same day.
Bills are mailed on or about the 5th of each month. Payment is due on the 19th of each month. If the 19th falls on a weekend, payment due date will be adjusted.
Payments not received by the due date are charged a 10% penalty fee. Accounts with overdue balances are subject to immediate disconnection. A $50 turn-on fee and payment of past due amounts are required for reinstatement of discontinued service.
Bills may be viewed on-line or received via e-mail. Please call the office to register for this service 419-663-6740.
The City of Norwalk accepts cash, money orders, personal checks, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover Card for payment. Credit card payments cannot be accepted over the phone. Personal checks are not accepted for reconnection services. A $2.75 fee will be charged for all credit/debit transactions.
Fees will not be charged for cash or check payments or if utility payment is made online using a checking or savings account.
Payments can be made at the following locations:
• City Hall Utility Billing Window (Office Hours 8am - 4:30pm), 38 Whittlesey Avenue
• City Hall drop box by front door
• Drive-by drop box in front of Norwalk Police Department
• Miller’s Markets, 177 Whittlesey Avenue (current amounts only)
• Schild's IGA, 171 Milan Avenue (current amounts only)
• By mail addressed to City Hall, Utility Billing, PO Box 585, Norwalk, OH 44857
• Online. Follow this link to pay online. Please call 419-663-6740 to register for this service.
• Free Automatic Withdrawal. Please complete the Automated Payment Form and return it with a voided check, to Utility Billing for processing. Payment is deducted on the 15th of each month.
Water and sewer service must be listed in the property owner's name. Property owners are responsible for services and charges, even on rental properties.
Property owners can apply for water service at the Utility Billing Office in City Hall or by calling (419) 663-6740. Proper identification is required. Requests for final readings can only be made by the property owner. Requests must be made at least one business day prior to the requested reading date.
Water & Sewer Rates
Water and sewer rates are based on operation costs and consumption. Rates are reviewed and adjusted yearly.
Inside City Limits Rates
for 1,000 gallons or less $4.50/month
Usage per 100 gallons 90¢
for 1,000 gallons or less$5.25/month
Usage per 100 gallons$1.05
Outside City Limits Rates
for 1,000 gallons or less $9.00/month
Usage for per gallons $1.80
for 1,000 gallons or less$7.35/month
Usage per 100 gallons$1.47